Newbie... and my Chicks arrive this week!!!

melschicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 9, 2011
Dennis Port, MA
Hi,
I'm Mel... and am new to chickens.
Our 9 chicks should be arriving on Cape Cod tomorrow or Wednesday (Salmon Favorelles, Red Star, and Barred Plymouth Rocks)!
This is my first time raising/having chickens! Can't wait for eggs!
I've been reading through the forum and pouring over coops on BYC for months now and decided I should probably join so I can post and ask questions as things pop up!
This site has been great for getting info as we build our coop and brooder! Thanks!!!

No immediate questions, but I'll be back!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from Maine

5.gif

Welcome to the chicken addiction.

Congrats on the impending chicks

15498_imagescazev40e.jpg
Now sally forth and post!
1.gif

Imp- Who is this Sally Forth?
idunno.gif

5.gif

Ah nuts. Just got the call from mypetchicken.com. The faverolles didn't make the hatch.... so we have to wait til May 31st for our shipment. I'm so bummed!!!
hit.gif

At first they were going to split the order and send us the red stars and BPR today and the faverolles at the end of the month (extra shipping paid by them), but then they said it would be better for their shipping survival if they all go together (there is only 9 total). I could have replaced the faverolles with some other breed and have them shipped today, but I had my heart set on them, so we're waiting. It was bad enough waiting until today (we ordered months ago)... another three weeks sucks!!! But they were nice about it, so I can't complain too much. More time to finish the coop, right??

Is there a chance they won't lay this fall before winter?

Back
Top Bottom