Newbie. Any suggestions will help

cmacks

Hatching
10 Years
May 14, 2009
Gonzales
Hi all, I'm looking at getting some chickens and turkey at my house. I have a few questions. I plan on getting 6 chickens and 5 eastern wild turkeys. I would like to know if the birds will roost and nest in the same place? If so, how big should I make it? I plan on making the outside run 10x20. Will this be ok? Also, I have read that turkeys eat certain food and chickens eat a different food. How do i feed them if there all together? Thanks for the help. Craig

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

1st off, what area do you live? You should call your local extension office and see if blackhead is common in your area. If it isn't, you should be pretty safe. Make your run as large as you can afford to, otherwise crowding problems crop up sooner or later.

something in the soil that can be spread from the chickens to the turkeys. I have no personal experience with it, because my extension office said it is VERY common here where i live
sad.png
No turkeys in my flock, just wild ones that are fed and somewhat tamed for when they are in season
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom