Newbie at chick hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WVchick71, Jul 24, 2010.

1. WVchick71

WVchick71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Small Town
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone and to say that I am very happy to have found this forum. [​IMG] There is a ton of info on here. I am on day 20 of my first hatch. I am using a homemade incubator. Yesterday I saw alot of rocking from a few eggs and this morning we have 2 pips. I am so excited and getting very impatient. lol I hope to learn alot from everyone here!

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    [​IMG] Not long till they hatch now. Good luck [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    [​IMG] Goood lucK!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] not long till ya got some little chickiepoos!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    welcome and good luck:D

5. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

[​IMG]

Good Luck

6. turningchicken

turningchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    WELCOME and good luck!!
    You probably have little noise makers here by now. How many are you expecting? I am enjoying 4 (out of 6) that hatched on Wednesday. 2 silkies a sizzle and a
    splash cochin. My first successful hatch:weee...but hopefully not my last.
    [​IMG]

7. WVchick71

Jul 24, 2010
    Small Town
    Thanks for the welcomes! still not here! The waiting is killing me![​IMG] lol I have one that is working away...has a hole about the size of a pencil eraser and I can see the beak move in and out. I can also hear it peep now and then. The other one hasnt made any further progress. There are 11 total...and I have seen 8 move. I dont think Iam going to be able to sleep at all tonight! I have 3 Americauna eggs, 3 Austrolorps ( I think?) and and 5 French Black Copper Maran eggs. All are from my own flock. I just grabbed a variety to test out for the first hatch. How long does it take for them to work their way out? Im sooo impatient.

8. peepswiththepoof

peepswiththepoof Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    [​IMG] and GOOD LUCK!

9. WVchick71

Jul 24, 2010
    Small Town
    Well.. At the end of day 20 I have 1 chick fully hatched. :yaIt is drying and I am going to try to sleep a little tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be a very eventful day![​IMG]

10. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    This site has been our #1 stop for any poultry question we've had! Are you from WV (we are too [​IMG] )?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by