Newbie Bedfordshire, UK

Original1984

Hatching
Aug 8, 2016
Hi All,

Just saying hi. as it stands i have six eggs int he incubator and in a couple of weeks hope to have some Aylesburys ducklings running about.

i do have some question regarding best bedding to keep the smell down, best coop again to keep the smell down and how best to keep the general area clean to yep keep the smell down.

i have a 5 meter buy about 25 meter garden how much mess poop can lets say 3 ducks make?

any and all advice welcome :)

Jason

Hi Jason, welcome to our community. Good advice and links from Redsoxs - the duck peeps are a great bunch and only too happy to help out.

Best wishes
Ct

Welcome
frow.gif
, much success with your flock!

Very nice to meet you Jason, I'm sorry I know nothing about ducks except they are very proficient poopers. Hope duck folks can tell you how to keep the 'fumes.' down

Thanks for the welcome all!

I am getting the garden redone and was thinking to getting the duck area done with pea gravel something smooth. I just need to find something that i can spray every few days that will break down any poop, bacteria, mold extra

for the bedding think ill go with the pine bedding heard good things and seems cheap. maybe add some of that stall fresh stuff as well

the coop im looking at a plastic one something i can disinfect and pressure wash once a week keep things fresh

Back
Top Bottom