Newbie Chicken Chronicles #1

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jcbydesign, Jan 2, 2011.

1. jcbydesign

jcbydesign Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Portland, OR
    My three girls are four months old and are now starting to do some of the cutest things!
    Everyday, they free range the back yard but today I went out and they had gone back into the bottom half of their coop, where the sun was shining in, and they were cuddled together, covered in shavings and having a 'spa moment a la chicken'. So darn cute! [​IMG] When I tried to get their picture they stomped out in high tailed indignation! [​IMG]

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    LOL don't take it personally. Mine turned up their noses at the layer pellets I offered and instead tried some cat food I was giving to my dog. (Long story....we ran out yesterday and forgot to buy some more [​IMG]) I'm sad to say they liked it [​IMG]

3. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    Sounds just like my chickens! Once my EE was taking a rust bath, and my little Cochin mix was kicking dirt on her, almost like she was giving her a spa treatment! I ran inside to get my camera, but I couldn't find it of course, and once I did the had moved On to attacking tomatoes....[​IMG] lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by