Newbie chicken owner needs help sexing black copper marans

That’s a great idea, thanks! They are all pretty calm since it’s our first batch they have been handled a lot. They just made it outside since our weather is warm here in Florida. Going to have to find some decent fertile eggs and get a new batch going for hens which is the goal! I’ll keep track of them and plan to update 😊
Make sure to watch the behavior of the quickest developer, he might pick on the others

rachel cruze whatever GIF by Ramsey Solutions

Make sure to watch the behavior of the quickest developer, he might pick on the others

rachel cruze whatever GIF by Ramsey Solutions
Since I’m such a newbie I have to ask... what should I be looking for? One already has been caught trying to mount the others but it’s the friendliest as far as being held. They are all calm and friendly since we handle them daily.

You should look for the one that is the least timid, but has no desire to attack you or harm the hens. He should not be scared of you, but comfy with you being in his space. also look for a good body shape if he is going to live with/breed hens, and if he is living with other roos, i would pick the one that is the least stand-offish

Back
Top Bottom