1. PdxChick

PdxChick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Hello, I have been reading BYC for quite some time now. I was so inspired that I got my own chickens! We live in the city limits, so 3 is my max. I found a Lowe's playhouse and converted it, too. This is the only picture I have, so far. I'll take more later this week (believe it or not, the weather is great here!). I used hardware cloth on the bottom of the run, and "poultry cloth" on the top. The run roof is completely covered in poultry cloth and one section is roofed. The girls seem very happy. Not laying yet, but I am anxiously awaiting the first egg post. Thanks for all of the information that I've gotten here over the past year.
    [​IMG][/img]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Nice coop, it is really cute!!!

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    nicely done! gorgeous and functional!

can't wait to see your 'first egg' post either!

blessings for tons of yummy eggs!

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Hooray! Thanks for posting and sharing. Your coop setup looks so cute.

What kind of chickens are enjoying their cottage retreat?

5. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    vey lovely:[​IMG]

6. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    Good job [​IMG] that is a nice coop and run.

7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

AWESOME! Glad you can enjoy chickens in your city too!

8. Faye

Faye Out Of The Brooder

Heaven on Earth. I hope mine looks that good!!!

I've got the little bigger model, the savannah. I probably paid too much though [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  9. jaybme

jaybme Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Awesome job on your coop. I am sure you will enjoy it and your chickens. I built one too- on a much smaller scale. BYC is terrific isn't it?

10. PdxChick

PdxChick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Thanks for all of the kind words. My 3 chickens are BR's. They look like they are close to laying, but I am trying to wait patiently. I believe the house may be made of cedar, but I'm not sure. The girls seem to like it. I have pine shavings inside the coop, two roosts, and a nest box that is not yet open for business.
    We built the run over an area that previously had raised garden beds, so there was no grass in the run. I bought a few rolls of sod from Home Depot and planted them in the run. The chickens have just about destroyed them, but they seem to enjoy scratching around in the grass, so I may just get another roll or two when these are worn out.
    And, yes BYC is my favorite addiction right now -- well, reading BYC with a good cup of coffee!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by