Newbie excited about chickens!

Wheezy

Hatching
Mar 10, 2017
Ojai Valley, CA
I've wanted chickens for a few years now, and finally have the place and space. My main concern is time and proper care! I want to be fully prepared before bringing new lives into my household to care for. I'm a wife and mother of two, and I'm seriously considering 3-4 Buff Orpingtons. I'm looking forward to enjoying the knowledge and wisdom shared in this community!

Hello from Kansas, Wheezy, and
welcome-byc.gif
! So happy you joined our community! BYC is the place for friendly advice and help! Chickens are really pretty low maintenance if you do the homework and prep work ahead of time like you are doing. A great place to start is the Learning Center. It is loaded with helpful articles that will accelerate your knowledge in order to make you a responsible chicken keeper. Here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
And Buff Orps are a great breed - docile and friendly and good layers of large brown eggs. I have had a few go broody on me but there are remedies for that.
If you'd like to chat with some chicken keepers in your neck of the woods, find your state thread in the link below and stop by and say howdy!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Good luck to you on your poultry adventure and thanks for joining BYC!
woot.gif

G’Day from down under Wheezy
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points from redsoxs, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom