Newbie from Alabama

auburnfan99

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 22, 2013
Hi all, I am BRAND NEW to this chicken thing. I live in Cullman County Alabaama, about 40 miles north of Birmingham. I am in the process of setting up a small flock for egg production for my family. Got my hands on a raised coop today (for free) and I hope to set up a big fenced in run with ramp leading to coop.(pics of coop coming soon) Any advice, tips, or other help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

BantamFan4Life

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO.
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 15, 2012
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

ALChickGal

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 19, 2013
Hi, Auburnfan99,

Welcome to BYC! I'm new this week, too. And.. I am an Auburn fan (War Eagle!) in Houston County, Alabama. I have had my chickens since April this year. I have learned so much from this site. The members are so gracious, helpful, and very knowledgeable.

Bless you!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
The Learning Center would be a good place to start. There are articles on anything from hatching eggs to protecting your flock against predators. Enjoy!

auburnfan99

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 22, 2013
Thanks for the warm welcomes.. Here is my (free) coop as it sits today. I plan on adding a few roosting poles inside, and a ramp to the ground to a (future) fenced in area. May not be too pretty, but its a start
[/IMG]

Top Bottom