Newbie from Arkansas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JBchicks, Feb 11, 2017.

1. JBchicks

JBchicks New Egg

Feb 11, 2017
    Lincoln AR
    Hello we had a cabinet incubator given to us and we thot we would try our hand at incubating chicken eggs, we have lots of chickens and and an abondence of fertilized eggs, anyway... we have 5 different sets of eggs in this incubator same kind of eggs put in on diff days. We're on day 19 with the first bunch we've candled them to keep up with there progress and last night (18 days) we water candled them to check there viability we had only three out of 28 that we could still see threw so we discarded those, but my question is white the water candling most of the eggs we water candled last night sank to the bottom but stayed standing up right still moving but not as drastic of movements as the ones that floated we also light candles those that sank and you couldn't see threw anywhere not even the air sack so that's my concern? We took them of off the turning tray and placed them flat on the bottom try for hatching.....any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated my wet bulb stay between 88 and my temp stays at 100

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, JBchicks, and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in our community! As I am an incubating and hatching rookie, I refer any and all questions of this nature to the knowledgeable folks in the link below - they really know their stuff! https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs You might pose your question there. Also, if you'd like to chat with fellow Arkies, locate your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. 1cock2hens

1cock2hens Chillin' With My Peeps

welcome to byc neighbor [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under JBchicks [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry that I do not have incubator experience, only hatches with broody hens but you have received some good links from redsoxs.

Sending best wishes for lots of healthy, bouncy babies [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hope you get your questions answered using the link redsoxs gave you.

Good luck with your hatches!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by