Newbie from Aus!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AusJaye, Jan 21, 2017.

1. AusJaye

AusJaye New Egg

Hi All,
    I decided to join so I can get some info on my new babies. I've only had Isa's so have a few new breeds to research.
    Recently acquired some 3 day old chicks, Plymouth Rock, Light Sussex, Araucana, Wyandotte and Barnevelder [​IMG]
    Hope to learn a lot!

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Howdy neighbour [​IMG] Welcome!

The Learning Centre is a good place to start with tips on raising your chicks: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

The Raising Baby Chicks Forum is a good place to ask questions: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks

Also, you might want to pop into the active Aussie Thread and say hello, you will be welcomed: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-that-funny-little-island/32290#post_17979764

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

Good luck with your littlies!

1 person likes this.
  3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC! Great to have you with us. [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day and Welcome to Backyard chickens. BYC has a large Aussie community - spread throughout the website. Always room for more.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Teila has given you some great links. Good luck and enjoy your newbies

CT

6. AusJaye

AusJaye New Egg

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to learning and having some chook loving friends hehe.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, AusJaye, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best wishes!

8. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Lovely breeds you've added to your flock, hope you enjoy them!

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by