Newbie from Canberra, Australia

Isobelm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 17, 2015
Canberra, Australia
Hi Everyone!

My name's Bel and I'm new to chicken keeping, and Back Yard Chickens.com! I've been reading all sorts of wonderful information on here in my preparation/research for getting chickens and am so grateful for the wealth of knowledge that is available here! Thanks to everyone who has shared!

So to tell you a little more about myself and my chickens, this is the first time I've ever kept chickens, and so far I'm loving it! I am currently building my own coop with a Hobbit theme to it (because I'm a little crazy about hobbits too!), which will house my 5 new babies (4 weeks old today!), Mirabella Brandybuck (Australorp), Esmeralda Took (Silver laced Wyandotte), Goldilocks Gamgee (Gold laced Wyandotte) and Rosie Cotton and Angelica Baggins (both light Sussex'). I also have a dog and a cat, so it's been very interesting making sure all the kids get along!

When I'm not getting clucky over my chickens, I am working in IT as a business analyst and project manager, and studying wedding and event planning. I also like cake decorating, sewing, building things and camping!

I look forward to meeting you all and continuing my learning journey with my beautiful girls!

Bel

G'day and a pleasure to meet you Bel. I had a feeling you were a Hobbit fan, love the names of your chickens. I was just thinking maybe they could come up with prequels like "Young Gandalf," etc. I'm not ready for it to end. We have a large Aussie community on here, and always room for more. Plus a thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." Hope you will enjoy backyard chickens as much as we do.

G'day, and welcome back to BYC, Bel. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some beautiful chooks and should get lots of nice, large, brown eggs from them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us. Great photos and cute chicks. Would love to see your coop when you get it done.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I love the names you picked! I'm a big Lord of the Rings/Hobbit fan, too.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And it's great to meet a few fellow LOTR chicken enthusiasts too!

I will definitely be posting pictures of the coop once it's complete - hopefully by the end of this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom