Newbie from Connecticut

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Flashy2003, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Flashy2003

Flashy2003 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2010
    Connecticut
    Hi, for the last couple of years Ive been kicking the idea of getting chickens. My brother had a couple last year and they were awesome. So I decided I am ready for a few. I live in a urban area but i have a decent yard for a couple hens. I will be building my own couple and actually just bought most of the material needed. Now all I need is a good design for me and my yard. I will only be keeping around four or five bantams so that shouldn't be to overwhelming for a first timer. I am actually looking for and couple specific breeds that i want but I cant seem to find anyone close with these birds. Maybe I will find them on this site. Well its great to join your forum and I hope I can be as much help to you as you will be to me. Thanks

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from North Carolina

4. The Tinman

The Tinman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Fairfield County CT
    [​IMG] Where in CT are you?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    welcome from ct.!!!! [​IMG]

6. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    [​IMG] from Colorado!

If you're still looking for designs there's a book that has some awesome insights.

http://www.coopedup.net/buy/ Building Chicken Coops for Dumbies! Plus there's plenty of pics around to give you some more creative ideas too.

Have fun! And remember; always leave room for one or two more than you THINK you want... [​IMG]

7. Flashy2003

Flashy2003 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2010
    Connecticut
    Quote:I currently live in East Haven.

8. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] You can check out my coop on my byc page. I have 5 EEs. If my coop and run were bigger, I'd have more.[​IMG]

9. 12HappyHens

12HappyHens New Egg

Feb 11, 2010
    Hi & Welcome, I'm from CT too...Bethany.[​IMG] I'm picking up a couple additional hens this weekend that I found searching Craigslist. You may have some luck there finding different breeds. Enjoy!

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by