Newbie from Fort Langley, BC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LW13intheFort, Jan 22, 2016.

1. LW13intheFort

LW13intheFort New Egg

Jan 22, 2016
    Hi all,

We have recently moved onto a 5 acre property in Fort Langley and have 4 young Australorp hens who are taking their sweet time laying (we finally got our first egg 2 days ago.) I've just ordered 6 Caramel Queen chicks - my first go at raising the little ones! (But, I figure if I can handle my 4 kids that are 6 and under, I can handle anything [​IMG])

We also have 2 adorable Nigerian Dwarf Goat doelings coming in early March, so we've been prepping the barn and need to add our fencing. The chickens will free range with the goats.

I've already used this website as a source on numerous occasions. It's great!

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us.

I totally agree, if you can handle 4 children under 6 you can do anything. [​IMG]

Enjoy the forums.

1 person likes this.
  3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Australorps are a great breed; extremely hardy in both heat and cold, calm and gentle (great lap pets), and excellent layers of brown eggs. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Great to have you onboard! :frow

Good luck with your new additions to your flock.

Ct

1 person likes this.
  6. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Just think of all the "help" you'll have with the animals! Kids and farm animals are a great match up, they'll make memories to last a lifetime.

In addition to all the poultry forums here on BYC, there's this one where you can post about your goats:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

Have fun, it's nice to have you join us!

1 person likes this.
  7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. LW13intheFort

LW13intheFort New Egg

Jan 22, 2016
    Thank you! I wouldn't have thought to look for a place to post about the goats. :)

9. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You're very welcome! There is a place to post on almost any subject here on BYC...all sorts of animals, hobbies, gardening, diy, games, baking (see the link in my signature line if you're interested in that). Lots of things to do here, so take a look around and find something that interests you.

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by