Newbie from Mass!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 2kidsn'chickens, Feb 4, 2009.

1. 2kidsn'chickens

2kidsn'chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Greenfield, MA
    Hello Everyone!
    I am so excited to join your forum! I have been chicken obsessed for about a month now and actually just got done making a home made brooder! I need to pick up a thermostat/hydrometer with a probe but other than that it is looking pretty good! I used our "ice chest" from our camper that was replaced with a dorm fridge. I will post pics of it soon!
    I am looking forward to getting some eggs to hatch after we come back from visitting family in WI the first week of march. I would like to hatch some silkies since it seems that I cannot buy them sexed anyway! I dont really want any roosters as I have neighbors and I dont think anyone would appreciate a roo as much as I would [​IMG] so what does one do with all the roo's they get when hatching your own eggs?
    A little about my self that's not chicken related: I am 28, married to my wonderful husband Joe(who thinks I'm crazy!) for three years and we have two daughters Ella 22months and Clara 4 months. We also have two cats,PD frogs and a well behaved mutt, Cali. I work the overnight shift dispatching for the local police and fire departments and it is a slow time of the year- ah, who am I kidding! It's always slow on overnights! It gives me plenty of time to work on my new facination!
    I look forward to all the information and new friends to be gained from BYC!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

3. little horse

little horse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    centerville texas
    welcome, you will love it here!

4. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    [​IMG] yeah more chickens in greenfield and 1 more crazy chicken lady LOL.

5. 2kidsn'chickens

2kidsn'chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Greenfield, MA
    Thank you everyone!!

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    2kidsn'chickens :

Hello Everyone!
    I am so excited to join your forum! I have been chicken obsessed for about a month now and actually just got done making a home made brooder! I need to pick up a thermostat/hydrometer with a probe but other than that it is looking pretty good! I used our "ice chest" from our camper that was replaced with a dorm fridge. I will post pics of it soon!
    I am looking forward to getting some eggs to hatch after we come back from visitting family in WI the first week of march. I would like to hatch some silkies since it seems that I cannot buy them sexed anyway! I dont really want any roosters as I have neighbors and I dont think anyone would appreciate a roo as much as I would [​IMG] so what does one do with all the roo's they get when hatching your own eggs? A little about my self that's not chicken related: I am 28, married to my wonderful husband Joe(who thinks I'm crazy!) for three years and we have two daughters Ella 22months and Clara 4 months. We also have two cats,PD frogs and a well behaved mutt, Cali. I work the overnight shift dispatching for the local police and fire departments and it is a slow time of the year- ah, who am I kidding! It's always slow on overnights! It gives me plenty of time to work on my new facination!
    I look forward to all the information and new friends to be gained from BYC!

Hello and [​IMG] from SC!

As far as the roosters, you can sell them, give them away or eat them. I prefer the first option! I got my EE roo from a listing on my local Craig's List.
    Congratulations on the homemade 'bator! [​IMG]

8. RedHead

RedHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    [​IMG] from NC!

9. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Welcome and good luck with the bator.

10. pw_quiltworks