Newbie from MD

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Old Mrs. MacDonald, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Old Mrs. MacDonald

Old Mrs. MacDonald Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2011
    Mount Airy, MD
    You may have already met my husband TSmith1499. He told me that there were a lot of great people here and lots of information that new chicken folks could use.

So here I am.

I'm Old Mrs. MacDonald because we do an Old MacDonald's Barn at our county fair. One week a year we are the caretakers for all kinds of critters from llamas to pigs to boer goats to (this year) a baby camel that we got to bottle feed. It is a fantastic experience. Finally after over 10 years of doing this, we decided we would get some critters of our own. Chickens seemed to be the perfect place to start.

Now for the questions...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We are new to chickens. We've had them about 3 weeks now. We've taken care of chickens one week a year for the last 10 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 5.

(3) What breeds do you have? Silkies

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? My husband said it was awesome and full of information so I thought I would give it a try.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love to read and cross-stitch. We collect John Deere tractors and enjoy tractor shows.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Hubby and I have 2 spoiled rotten mutt dogs.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from BYC and all it's members.

Beth

2. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] from Texas

4. zathura12

zathura12 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    [​IMG] i am new too...so you are not alone...

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Beth, and [​IMG]. Happy to have you aboard. Best of luck with your birds and enjoy BYC! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. dsquawker

dsquawker Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Bluegrass State
    Beth. Wow, tractor shows. That's new to me. I didn't know they even existed. Sounds like a cool hobby along with chickens. You could take photos of your chickens on your tractors! Ha. Well, welcome and good luck with your new flock. Silkies are pretty. never owned any myself. Would love to see some photos of your little ones and your mutt dogs. We have German Shepherds (working line sables). Welcome again and have fun!

Angela (dsquawker)

Old Mrs. MacDonald :

You may have already met my husband TSmith1499. He told me that there were a lot of great people here and lots of information that new chicken folks could use.

So here I am.

I'm Old Mrs. MacDonald because we do an Old MacDonald's Barn at our county fair. One week a year we are the caretakers for all kinds of critters from llamas to pigs to boer goats to (this year) a baby camel that we got to bottle feed. It is a fantastic experience. Finally after over 10 years of doing this, we decided we would get some critters of our own. Chickens seemed to be the perfect place to start.

Now for the questions...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We are new to chickens. We've had them about 3 weeks now. We've taken care of chickens one week a year for the last 10 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 5.

(3) What breeds do you have? Silkies

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? My husband said it was awesome and full of information so I thought I would give it a try.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love to read and cross-stitch. We collect John Deere tractors and enjoy tractor shows.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Hubby and I have 2 spoiled rotten mutt dogs.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from BYC and all it's members.

Beth​

10. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] from North MS!!! Silkies are my favorite too!!! We have had chickens for about 8 months and my husband has been on here and I finally just joined myself last week as well!!! Glad to have you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by