Newbie from Missouri

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by crsch1888, Apr 15, 2017.

1. crsch1888

crsch1888 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2017
    Marshfield Missouri
    Hi all, just introducing myself. I have lurked around here for quite some time before finally joining in. I just ordered my first ever incubator, so excited to get it, so trying to learn all that I can before getting it & ordering eggs. I don't have anyone locally to get eggs from that are fertile, so will have to order them. Am hoping to at least find someone in my state so the shipping won't be so far. I have 11 chicks now that I bought, I will try to upload a few, as I have questions about what they are, they are suppose to be red frizzles, but not sure that's actually what they are. Anyways, just wanted to say hello!

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Great to have another poultry lover!

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. You can check out the buy/sell/trade forum and see what's currently available, but you need to have made 20 posts to participate.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under crsch1888 [​IMG] Welcome & Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us! Are there particular breeds you are hoping to find eggs for? As you are new to incubating, you may want to source some nice barnyard mixes or the likes for your first run so that you aren't learning on more expensive, shipped eggs of the dream breeds you hope to have. As popular as hobby chicken keeping is becoming, you may be surprised to find there are more local folks with birds than you might think - have you tried posting on local FB or Craigslist groups looking for some hatching eggs? Asking at your local feed store can also be a good way to find folks in the area that have fertile eggs available.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, crsch1888, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Good luck to you in acquiring some eggs. You might also local farm and ranch stores - sometimes I there are poultry sales in the parking lot - these are sometimes scheduled well in advance and advertised on bulletin boards in the stores themselves. I have seen these in TSC's as well as Orscheln's. Good luck to you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by