1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newbie from Montana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by stacyh40, Feb 25, 2017.

1. stacyh40

stacyh40 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2017
    Montana
    Well new to having chickens, we moved to a ranch a few months ago and it had a huge coop on the property. I have slowly fixed it up and now i have 3 in the coop,17 in the house, and bunch of eggs in the incubator from the neighbor from up the road. We orginally talked about 6-8 hens and I have surpassed that one pretty fast. OPPS the hubby just laughed at me when i came back from town the other day with 8 fuzzy butts. I told him they were sad and needed to come home with me. I might have to take a second job to pay for feed in winter, summer will be easy for them to free range with all the fields surrounding the house with crops.

Hopefully I can resist buying anymore but there are a couple of breeds i would like to have. :)

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us!

The bug hits hard and fast - that first fuzzy chick is the gateway drug. Those new breeds you want to try might be just the thing you need to add some subtraction to the chicken math....you seem to have addition and multiplication down pat.

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Greetings from your (almost) neighbor in WY!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under stacyh40 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. Seems like chicken maths has you firmly in its grasp, which is great! Please make yourself at home here on BYC.

Best wishes
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please understand we are all enablers here, we will NEVER say you have too many chickens. So flow with the tide and get as many as you can before your hubby [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Satcy, and a belated [​IMG]! It's great to have you aboard!

8. stacyh40

stacyh40 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2017
    Montana
    Thank you!!! I actually grew up in Kansas around Hays area. I just seem to keep moving farther north ever 20 years lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by