Newbie from NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Piglet88, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Piglet88

Piglet88 New Egg

Apr 26, 2016
    NC
    Hi,

Unlike the other newcomers, I haven't been able to purchase any chickens yet. I'm still trying to talk my husband into it. He should know by now I get my way, eventually. : ) This site has wonderful information and I can't wait to see everyone's photos.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - in my experience the wife always gets her way. Color me a broken man. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello[​IMG]and Welcome to BYC! What chickens are you thinking about getting if you get your husband to say yes? :)

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sourland don't make yourself out as a pitiful male - those of us who know & love you, know better.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Generally the spouse that doesn't want the chickens, ends up getting very involved once they see the baby chickens. Chicks are so hard to resist, and fascinating to watch. I used to suggest that wives put starch in their hubby's laundry unmentionables, as a gentle reminder of the power of women. Don't know if they still sell starch.

1 person likes this.
  7. Piglet88

Piglet88 New Egg

Apr 26, 2016
    NC
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I'm still in the research stage. So hopefully in a year (fingers crossed), I will be posting pictures of my new baby chicks!

8. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    [​IMG]and[​IMG]

(Relatively new here myself)

This sit has some really great info and people.

Micah

9. Piglet88

Piglet88 New Egg

Apr 26, 2016
    NC
    Hi, thanks for the welcome!

Well I'm not really sure, haha. I know there are difference breeds of chickens but I never realized how many! I printed off a publication from NC State University about raising chickens in my state (Monroe, NC ) and I'm liking the Bantam, New Hampshire Red, Rhode Island Red, Orpington, and Wyandotte. However, that is just from looks I still need to do research on each breed. Have you had any experience with any of those breeds or recommendations? I have always loved chickens so high egg count isn't a priority.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by