Newbie from NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by saintdeer, Nov 18, 2010.

1. saintdeer

saintdeer New Egg

Nov 18, 2010
    Hey all!!!
    I am so excited to be here, I am from New Orleans Louisiana originally, and have migrated up to Haw River, North carolina. I am the Executive Chef at the Duke Diet and Fitness Center in Durham, NC and have committed to raise my kids on great, healthy foods and lifestyles! I do a ton of hunting and fishing, and mostly do not buy any proteins from any grocers....hard sometimes when Irun out of wild game, but there are so many farms around me it is pretty easy to stick to the plan.
    I am in the process of building my first chicken coop, and I am getting my 5 year old Ethan and my 8yr old Cameron, both young men, to help me collect all recycled products to build it. We go to Home Depot and collect discarded wood they throw out everyday, I also keep the milk crates that the delivery men will not take back from my workplace, and all sorts of other crafty ideas and scraps. So, hopefully with your help on here I will have a successful little operation running by spring 2011 [​IMG]
    Thanks eggchell, love the site already!

2. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings from Tucson and [​IMG] Do you miss N.O.? I used to live there and I think about it all the time.

3. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Hey im glad to see you here! Welcome to backyardchickens! In sure you will be able to find all the info you need here.

Chel

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

6. Imp