Newbie from Newfoundland, Canada

seanw

Hatching
9 Years
Nov 15, 2010
Good Day All,
after reading for a month or so I decided to join. I am researching for my intent to raise a few birds for eggs or amusement or both, hopefully. So far I'm trying to decide on the coop, it's going to be a winter project as I don't want to rush in to anything. So far I've purchased plans online as recommended by another member but I have yet to receive them. Now I can't find the website and I'm afraid I may have been scammed. I only paid $15.95 to a place that I thought was simple coops.com I done this on nov 9. I thought that the plans were electronic and I would have received them right away. I see that raising chickens is quite popular so the scam artists are opportunists. I hope I'm wrong and I got lost in the system, O well...
Disappointed, not discouraged....I think I'm going to start with 4 to 6 birds uncertain about a rooster. I have an area of approximately
8 x 16 for the coop and run and they will free range while I'm home as long as my Sheppard golden retriever mix gets along. Any and all advise will be considered....
Hello and Thanks to all
Sean

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
Sure hope the plans show up!

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Sorry about the coop plans. Maybe they'll stuill come through.

Have fun building and getting chickens

Imp

Hello from Arizona and
welcome-byc.gif
Search through the coops section here on BYC and I'm sure you can come up with something for your amusing egg producers.

Thats unfortunatly about the plans, but don't let that stop ya. Most coups I would guess are not built by plans. You should be able to get the importaint details here and come up with your own design just fine.

I love it out there, I'd darn near trade the farm in for some ocean. People are great too!

Thanks for the reply's, I'm quite resourceful and a fair handyman, I've had my share of splinters both wood and steel although when its steel in your finger its a "sliver"... I'll get something together...its nice to learn from others mistakes.
Sean

Back
Top Bottom