Newbie from Orangeville ontario Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fairsing farm, Mar 20, 2012.

1. fairsing farm

fairsing farm Out Of The Brooder

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I got my first flock of day olds from Frey's hatchery when i first bought my farm in 2008. We ordered a dozen but got a bakers dozen!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Just picked up 30 of my day olds today! mixed brown egg breeds

(3) What breeds do you have?

Freys brown layers variety pack, don't know yet what breeds they are yet but all brown egg layers.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

googling info for taking care of day olds

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Competitive Carriage Showing (combined driving and pleasure showing) I used to ride competitively but after a car wreck can only ride at a moderate level now.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share

I am a Commercial lines manager in a family owned Insurance brokerage in Mississauga Ontario.
    I live with my spouse Jason, he is also my navigator and we compete together in combined driving ( he's the guy on the back of the carriage who balances as we speed through turns) Its a great sport loads of fun, I will post some pic's later

Animal collection; I have a doberman (Dutches) and a Rottweiler (Romeo have competed in shutzhund years ago.
    I have a Holstiener horse gelding (Gilligan) a Dutch harness horse mare (Jewel) and a fun little Hackney pony named Ellie May. The current barn chicken Ozzy, quite often is found perched on the horses backs at night she is quite the character (pictured in my avatar on the pony) And last but not least our house cat that simply decided to moved in one day Mama kitty.

I live on a 40 Acre farm near Orangeville ontario, hoping to have the ladies be free range once they are grown and established.

Looking forward to learning from this site and meeting everyone!

P.S.
    I am also an advocate of the "Parental Alienation Awareness Organization". If you are interested or know someone who is interested in learning more about this terrible form of child abuse I will post my blog site on my BYC profile. My Blog has many helpful information and links. Thanks!

2. ChickenLeg

ChickenLeg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! You seem like a wonderful person, I hope you enjoy it here and enjoy everyone's company. [​IMG]

3. fairsing farm

fairsing farm Out Of The Brooder

Thank you Chicken leg for the warm welcome. this seems like such a fun community. I have learned so much already!

4. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Wow, another horse person! Welcome indeed! (I drove an arabian/welch and tems of belgums...) Our historic house was built in 1876 by a man who raised and raced horses too.
    [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Welcome! [​IMG]

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by