Newbie from Oregon

candyNflowers

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 13, 2013
Albany, Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, I am a new chicken mama. we've had our three babies a week now and are getting one more on friday. I was able to get a conditional permit in my city for four chickens so that is what we are aiming for. If I loose my conditional permit due to neighbor complaint to the city then I will only be allowed two chickens so I have been voraciously reading the site for tips to make my chicken experience less annoying to my neighbors.

so far we have 1 buff orpington, 1 Red Sex-Link, and one Speckled Sussex. We are planning to get a americana/easter egger on friday. so far I am not sure who's gonna be the boss of the group will have to wait and see what happens after I add number four.

My husband is currently building our coup in the backyard and he's been very patient with all the changes I keep making as I read about more things on this website....

we have four kids and are homeschooling them. we live in a city of about 50, 000 and live in the city with a small yard. Looking forward to the adventures ahead and good eggs. -lisa (candyNflowers)

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I hope your neighbours will not have any problems with your flock! But if they do, I found a few fresh eggs as an unexpected gift goes a long way sometimes
wink.png

Greeting from Kansas, Lisa, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! Looks like some great coops you have there! I am jealous. I wish you all the best in your chicken raising - hope the neighbor is reasonable.

Hello and welcome from Ohio...so glad you joined BYC. Best wishes that your hens are quiet and you have no problems with the neighbors

Welcome to BYC. Good luck with your chicks and the neighbors. Your husband is doing a nice job on that coop.

Back
Top Bottom