Newbie from Scotland!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ScottishKate, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ScottishKate

ScottishKate Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2017
    Hi I'm a keen animal lover and have my first lot of eggs in incubator day 19! So excited :) I candled them before lock down but never seen movement should I be concerned? Also any tips for the hatch day welcome

2. barred2rock

barred2rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!

I'll have to let someone else answer your questions, I'm new at this myself. Best regards!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  3. ScottishKate

Mar 8, 2017
    Thank you. I'm as nervous as I was having my first kid. But all that means is you care ;)

4. DancingWthDucks

DancingWthDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    Hi and welcome to BYC! :)

Come and introduce yourself to the UK thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi

Aim to have the humidity between 65-75% for lockdown, and don't open the incubator until all of the eggs have hatched (chicks can go for 24-72 when they first hatch without food). What breed(s) are they? Good luck!

5. ScottishKate

Mar 8, 2017
    I've rescued 10 red ex caged hens, 5 leg horns, 1 winadot, 4 aracante and the other 3 are black? Clifford is an aracante cross. Such a gentlemen to the girls :) and turkeys are Norfolk blacks raised by an Indian game chicken.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens, how lovely that you rescued them. Wait till they realize they have a real home and good care now. Wish we could see photos now and then later after your work your charm on them.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Kate, sending Great hatching vibes your way [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Kate [​IMG] Welcome!

Fingers crossed for some good news about your hatch.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from the States, Kate, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Best wishes and happy hatching! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good luck with your hatch!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by