Newbie from SE Michigan!

Chickmate

Songster
10 Years
Nov 10, 2009
SE Michigan
big_smile.png
Hello Chicken People!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I had chickens many years ago, but my job was too demanding and when I moved I sold them all. Now I have more time and have almost completed my new coop so will get my chickens in the spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

None right now.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I will get Americaunas and Easter Eggers to begin with.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Surfing the internet.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love to work in the yard and spend time with my animals, friends and family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live in Clay Township, Michigan, which is a stone's throw across the river from Canada. I have a wonderful home on 5 acres, surrounded by woods. I have one daughter who is the most beautiful, intelligent, kind person in the world and I am humbled to be her mother. I was married for 4 years and have been divorced for 38. Worst 4 years and best 38 of my life! After 32 years I retired from GM in 2008 and now have time for CHICKENS! The gentleman who remodeled my kitchen built me the cutest chicken coop. It's 10 x 10, heated, insulated, shingled, wired, 12 nest boxes and a 10 x 12 covered run. It's not even painted yet and I know it's going to be too small. We'll add another 10 x 10 section to it next summer with a separate run.

My pack consists of Otis, my Dogue de Bordeaux; Cozette, my Schnoodle; Kitty-Man, Gracie and Bella, my 3 cats; Merlin, my macaw; George and Sara, my mute swans and numerous other birds, too many to name.

Life is good and I'm so happy to have found BYC!

Back
Top Bottom