Newbie from Southern Illinois

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CharB, Jan 27, 2017.

1. CharB

CharB Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2017
    Southern Illinois
    Hello All,
    I am so happy to have found this site. My chicken experience began April 2016 when our first chickens arrived in the mail. My husband and I have five chickens and have enjoyed every minute of the experience until one came down with sour crop about a month ago. With no bird vet in the area I had to rely on the internet and found the wonderful people at Backyard Chickens. Thanks to all the posts and articles on the website I was able to care for my girl. I am looking forward to being a part of this community.
    Charlene

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under CharB [​IMG] Welcome!

I had a chuckle reading the line “first chickens arrived in the mail”, while I know what that means, it just conjured up images of going to the letter box and surprise! Chickens! Lol [​IMG]

Good job on recovering your gal from sour crop! [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, CharB, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Glad you have found BYC a useful tool in your chicken adventure. Best wishes and thanks for joining us!!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great to meet you Charlene. Glad BYC was of such help to you. [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Charlene and welcome to our community.

Best wishes
    CT

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Charlene, it's nice to have you here!

7. CharB

CharB Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2017
    Southern Illinois
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! Another thing I like about this community is it is worldwide. Ireland, Australia, Africa, Canada just to name a small sample of places I've seen show up here. The advice and experiences are just as varied which helps hone into one's specific needs. It certainly takes a village to raise chickens!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by