1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newbie From Spokane, Washington

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by For-The-Love-Of-Chickens, Apr 9, 2009.

1. For-The-Love-Of-Chickens

For-The-Love-Of-Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Washington State
    Hello all! I am a 32 year old farm girl who moved to the city who moved BACK to some acreage just a couple of months ago! We used to raise chickens when I was growing up using the "all natural" approach. (Basically, our chickens took care of themselves. If they had babies, they had babies. If they were sick, they died. You get the idea!) I am now a proud chicken mama of 8 hens and one rooster. I am a little freaked out about it, because we never paid much attention to our chickens when I was growing up. Now I am seeing pink poo and thinking everyone is dying (intestinal lining, totally normal, THANK YOU poop pictures!!), watching to make sure everyone eats and drinks, and learning that earthworms can give your chickens worms!!!![​IMG]

Other than the chickens, I homeschool my two boys and take care of my DH. I enjoy fishing, flower gardening, walking, quilting, and vacuuming!

Hello everyone! Thanks for a great site!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome from Indiana... [​IMG]
    Your avatar is really cute!

4. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Hi For-The-Love-Of-Chickens! And welcome to BYC! Great to have you here!!! [​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Hey neighbor--I'm just outside of Okanogan!

6. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    [​IMG]

7. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome neighbor from Nelson, BC [​IMG]

8. Kristy in WA

Kristy in WA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Eastern Washington
    Hi and welcome! I live 1 1/2 hours north of you near Colville! You'll have so much fun here on BYC! Kristy

9. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello and [​IMG] from NC

10. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    [​IMG] I thought I was a freak, I love vaccuming too [​IMG] I think it's my need for instant gratification....

Now take a deep breath, [​IMG] for a moment , and know if you have any issues that you have over 25,000 people just waiting to help... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by