Newbie from the Ozarks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wanda047, Mar 27, 2009.

1. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    As you can probably guess by my username... My name is Wanda and I am the proud owner of two buff colored Silkies: Mr. Jingles who is 6 months old and his bride-to-be, Miss Muffin who is 4 months old. I ordered these online and am so pleased with the service I received and my beautiful birds.

My husband and I are the proud parents of 8 children. 4 are grown and married and we have 6 beautiful grandchildren. The youngest four were all surprises! I went broody! [​IMG] Had a baby and adopted 3 more! Gee! Did I mention we also do foster care? 4 foster children plus my 4= 8 kids still in the house. Now I'm trying to feed this flock.

With the economy headed in a downhill direction, I had the bright idea of raising some of our own groceries. My backyard has been plowed and a garden in the making. We also have two chicken coops in the works. I might also mention that I bought 16 baby buff orphingtons, which are presently residing in my house, along with my silkies.

Now the real work starts... I'm not sure I know exactly what I'm doing, but I've spent the last week reading posts on this forum and I know you guys can help me make this work [​IMG]

Thanks so much for such a wonderful forum!

2. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG] Where in the Ozarks? I'm in the MO foothills.Oh, and I have two babies: a RIR and BO that are less than 2 weks old.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  3. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    [​IMG]

4. Hello and Welcome to BYC , glad to have you here ! [​IMG]

5. wanda047

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    MamaKate,
    I'm in Hardy, AR, 13 miles south of the Missouri border.

6. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    Cool! I'm in Butler Co. We're neighbors.

7. wanda047

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    Mama Kate do you ever listen to KKounty 95 Radio station out of Thayer, Missouri (95.1 FM)? If so, you can hear my radio program on Monday's at 1:00! (Outdoors Live )

8. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Hi, and Welcome from North Carolina![​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina