Newbie HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sqwaks, Aug 7, 2013.

1. sqwaks

sqwaks New Egg

Aug 7, 2013
    Hi I'm amy and I am new to this website,
    I have recently come back from my holiday and discovered that one of my 2 silkie hens has died (she was 1 year old) leaving my other alone. So I went out and bought a black rock hen she is about 3 months old and has been here for 1 day now and does not seem too well, her eye has gone cloudy and there is watery yellowy stuff coming from it, she also has the sneezes but is otherwise healthy, she is eating and drinking her faeces aren't runny, I am confused as to what is wrong with her and to find out as early as I can would be great.
    Can anyone help me to find out what's wrong with her, I do not know much about chicken illnesses as I only had the 2 silkies around this time last year for
    my birthday, I have been through 2 cases of broodiness but never illness. I do not want to lose another bird so please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

I would suggest posting about your bird in the Emergencies and Diseases section of the Forum. Hope everything goes well.

3. sqwaks

sqwaks New Egg

Aug 7, 2013
    thankyou i will try that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by