1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newbie here and novice chicken keeper.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dawnrc, Apr 4, 2016.

1. dawnrc

dawnrc New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    New to this forum although I've been lurking for the wonderful help topics I have found here, being a novice I've found the site very useful.

I rescued 3 hens back in October and have very much enjoyed seeing them thrive, they are now well settled in to their surroundings and I've even become brave enough in the last week or so that I can now let them out to free roam the garden when I'm there. I'm hoping to expand the coop and outside run later in the year so I can add to my flock.

I have just posted about my flock in the what breed or gender forum as I have a question on both breed and gender so hopefully some of you can help me out with this :)

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    [​IMG] - great to have you onboard with us. I'm glad that you have found the site useful as a lurker, and i hope that you enjoy it even more, now that you are member.

Joining your state thread may be useful as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Welcome to BYC!!

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]