Newbie here, but already doing chicken math...

Carole Horton

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Hi, I'm new here, my name is Carole from the Pacific Northwest. I have been reading threads before introducing myself... aka pecking around. I have four ladies left that have not been laying throughout Summer and still not. So chicken math it is. My friend Alex is going to take our four ladies for his freezer, which is always great. I want eight more, hopefully I'm not pushing my luck with my wife. I want to order Started Pullets and I was looking at Murray McMurray... Ouch! They want to charge me $230+ in shipping. I love doing the chick thing, but I can't do them in the basement like we once have, so it would have to be in the coop but it somewhat scares me with the hot lamp. Any suggestions? And/or where can I find some properly sexed chicks?
Thanks a bunch!

Carole

Hi Carole,

I wanted to reach out to you as I am in the Pacific Northwest as well and wanted to welcome you! I am fairly new to chickens; so not an expert like many people here, but I was looking for chickens as I want to add to my flock, and I often find ads on Craigslist. This seems to be the most economical way to go.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/grd/d/chickens-for-sale/6391275819.html

Back
Top Bottom