Newbie here! Ducks in diapers??

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NickiePA, Mar 14, 2017.

1. NickiePA

NickiePA Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    Somerset, PA
    Hello out there!!! I'd like to start off by asking... "do any of you out there use duck diaper harnesses for the indoor duck"? I've recently come across this online, and I'm just curious how that works out for people. All I see are "reviews from customers" and I don't trust that they could all be actual "customers"... anyone interested in letting me know if this is a good idea in your opinion?? ~ curious in PA

2. NickiePA

Mar 14, 2017
    Somerset, PA
    After posting this I'm thinking I may be in the wrong place to post "duck" related questions. Is there a place on this website for "all about ducks"?

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    1 person likes this.
  4. NickiePA

Mar 14, 2017
    Somerset, PA
    Whoops, I think my reply didn't go where I thought it went! Hehe...
    can you offer advise on how to post a new question in the "duck" forum? I clicked the link but I still can't post anything there.. I don't think I'm doing this stuff right! I'll get the hang of it sooner or later :)

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    No worries! BYC takes awhile to learn to navigate. I just sent you a private message about how to post in the Ducks Forum. Let us know if you are still having troubles! Good luck!!

1 person likes this.
  6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  7. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think what you would be most interested in is "show us your house ducks," thread. Put that in the search box and it will come up for you. You start a new post there just like you did in this thread.

There is also a " people with house chickens ," thread. Some folks even have house pet geese. From what I've read duck diapers are pretty expensive, if you are good at sewing, you could buy one and figure out how to make more. Ducks also seem to" go" a lot more often than chickens, and more creatively ( over walls, ceilings, etc.).

My friend has had chicken house pets over the past 25 years, sometimes as many as 5 in the house at once (bantam breeds). She just keeps cleaning supplies handy and pounces in as soon as she spots a mess.

I imagine you could have to change the diaper or liner many times in a day. Some duck pets are outdoors during the day in a run, and come in to sleep etc. in the home. Maybe they could even go through the night without messing until you put them out in the morning [​IMG]

9. NickiePA

Mar 14, 2017
    Somerset, PA
    Thank you for the advise!! I did find the thread about "house ducks". I tried to make a new post there but I'm not sure I'm doing this stuff correctly. I'm new to using this type of setting (forums and such). If possiable, that's what I'd like to do with my two Pekins. I'd like them to come inside when they want to (mostly overnight) but I also want to do my research first! I want to make sure I'm not holding them back so to speak of.

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under NickiePA [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by