Newbie here too!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by countrygirlatheart, Apr 7, 2009.

1. countrygirlatheart

countrygirlatheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Huffman Texas
    [​IMG] I guess it's mine turn....I've introduced myself on several of the new member forums but after seeing several today, I guess it's my turn to post one.

I absolutely love this site [​IMG] so thanks to every member who has posted a forum or reply on a forum [​IMG] I have learned so much, and in some cases.........[​IMG] what was the heck was that???? [​IMG]

We just finished up our coop this past weekend when we got our chickens. We got 2 production red hens, we named them Lucy & Betsy and have already gotten 3 eggs (even though one was a soft shell, thank goodness I had learned on here what one of those was, that was the weirdest thing) from them [​IMG], and we have 7 RIR chicks that for right now (until they get more distinguishing marks) we have named them chicken nuggets 1-7 [​IMG] We gave the chicks crickets last night OMG that was hilarious [​IMG]

We absolutely love having them. It is relaxing and hysterical to watch them. [​IMG] Right now we are doing ok. The few questions I had have already been answered by other forums so thank you to everyone for those [​IMG]

There is so much information & wisdom here, I defintely reccommend and have told other people about this site. [​IMG]

Just wanted to introduce myself, say hi [​IMG] and thanks [​IMG]

P.S. because i am a newbie......is there a link or forum somewhere that has what all the "shortcuts" mean??[​IMG]

2. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    [​IMG] from Michigan. I am a newbie to. We just got our 1st chicks on Friday. I am just loving them. My husband is resisting their cuteness. He is starting to think they are funny to watch though. He'll get there. Any ways welcome.

3. LoriAS

LoriAS Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2009
    New Knoxville, Ohio
    [​IMG]

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

5. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] from NC

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Isn't chicken TV the BEST??

7. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    NH
    [​IMG] From the NH seacoast.

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Hi and welcome to you from over the Pond..... waving frantically...

9. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida
    [​IMG] from Florida

10. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Welcome to the forum!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by