Newbie here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CuppaJo461, Apr 17, 2017.

1. CuppaJo461

CuppaJo461 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2017
    Fresno California
    Hi my name is Jody Guerrero, I will be looking to buy my chickens the first week of May .I will have coop and area set up by then . so excited want 5 chickens for our back yard young handled chickens hopefully . since I am new at this . wil be nice to chat with all of you I'm in Fresno Tower District so looking forward to hearing from you all

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Howdy! Thanks for joining us! Five is a perfect number to start a flock. Good luck and have fun!

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jody, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! New chickens are an exciting time!! [​IMG]
    The awesome articles of the Learning Center will prepare for a successful experience with your chicks and chickens - here's the link:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And you can chat with some of you in-state poultry neighbors in your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes, thank for joining BYC, and enjoy your flock! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Jody [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. CuppaJo461

Apr 17, 2017
    Fresno California
    Thank you for the kind welcome I got three of my girls yesterday afternoon they are adapting well [​IMG]

7. CuppaJo461

Apr 17, 2017
    Fresno California
    [​IMG]

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Ooh, how exciting! Congratulations! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by