Newbie Here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pineapple418, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Pineapple418

Pineapple418 Just Hatched

May 29, 2017
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Hello! I am brand spanking new to chickens. We got our first 6 chicks on May 28th at around a week old. I have no idea what any of them are except one is a bantam. I got 2 more on June 10th. Hopefully that's the most chicken math I do for right now! I found this site by googling all of my millions of questions and have found it to be amazing! I would be more lost without you guys. When I'm not watching my chicks do their thing I like to crochet and cross stitch. My 9 year old daughter and husband also keep me busy! We also have 2 dogs (a golden retriever and a mastiff/lab) and a cat. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and can't wait to see what more I can learn by being here!
    chicks.jpg chickens.jpg

2. KoopOnTruckin

KoopOnTruckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2016
    East Orlando, FL
    Hi and WELCOME!!!
    Beautiful chicks, do you know the breeds?

Pineapple418 likes this.
  3. Pineapple418

May 29, 2017
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Thanks!
    The two black are ayam cemani, or at least that's what she told me! I have no clue what the others are. I was told the little yellow one on the left side is a bantam.

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

They are so wonderful feathered friends..Hi!!! Welcome to the world of beautiful chickens! and as the mature the grow even more attached to you. Don't be afraid to scratch there heads and under there wings, they all love this! Also make sure worming is apart of there over all health care. So happy to see they have become a huge part of your life! We are always here for you to answer any questions. Don't worry we have all had questions that needed to be answered! my advice to you is to spoil them with kindness. They love this. We are all more then happy to answer any question big or small....your on a site that truly love chickens! Best of luck to you and your family!!! Autumn Farm English Orpingtons!

Pineapple418 likes this.
  5. Pineapple418

May 29, 2017
    Broken Arrow, OK
    We've made sure to love on them every day! and I plan to ask questions! That's actually why I finally introduced myself. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks :) And so far this site has been such a HUGE help!

6. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Welcome to BYC!

Pineapple418 likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens - :wee

Pineapple418 likes this.