Newbie here!

nina526

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey guys!

Need a little help if you'd be so kind! I picked up 6 chicks from TSC - 3 pullets and 3 red pullets.
I'm wondering if anyone could determine what breed the red chicks are.

I've been researching and thought maybe red stars or red sexlink, but I'm not too sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nina and Welcome! Many TSCs order from large hatcheries in their general region. Im in Louisiana and not sure of whats in your neck of teh country. Nomatter what particular breed or cross, they will be great layers, especially with some TLC :eek:)

Thank you bamachicks and thank you for the warm welcome Lejeune!

I am from Massachusetts but I do believe with bamachicks' help they are red sexlinks!

I also have these lighter ones and am clueless as to what they might be..

I still haven't either! I'm thinking white leghorns or white Plymouth rocks. All six chicks were the same size when we got them but the white ones have grown considerably faster than the red pullets. I'm hoping they're not Cornish Cross as I'm not raising them for meat.

Ah yes! That's exactly how they looked when we first got them! Yay they're so pretty. And you're right they are sweethearts. Especially compared to the white chicks who seem to be the bosses! Thanks so much!

I agree the rsl's are super sweet. I'm pretty sure the white one's area big enough to be Cornish rocks. I'm hoping if they do turn out to be leghorns that they are nothing like my current Leghorn. She is mean as can be and is heading for a new home or freezer camp as
Soon as everyone else starts laying.

Back
Top Bottom