Newbie hoping to find out laws for Ridgefield CT

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickenHopeful, Nov 11, 2015.

1. ChickenHopeful

ChickenHopeful New Egg

Nov 11, 2015
    I have been lurking the board here on and off for a year or so while my family was preparing for a move from Southern California to Connecticut. We finally made it across and are currently house shopping. We are considering a home in Ridgefield Ct, and my young sons have their heart set on having a small chicken flock once we get settled. Of course, I am excited too! I cannot seem to find on the city's site anything about zoning and livestock . Anyone else hear from Ridgefield CT that can enlighten me? I would greatly appreciate it. The home we are looking at is a 2 acre lot RAA zoning.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I would suggest contacting your city hall. Someone there should be able to tell you whether or not chickens are allowed in your area. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You might want to also try looking at the CT thread. It is possible someone on there knows the answer, but your best bet is still to contact your city hall or township hall to find out for sure.

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope you will be able to have chickens [​IMG] Welcome to the Backyard Chickens flock. [​IMG]

7. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/lid/168881

Do a search for livestock or poultry and read from there...

A phone call might be in order to see if there are backyard chicken exceptions, because as I read that you need to have 1/2 acre of land per animal (chicken) if you live in a residential zoned area...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by