Newbie in East TN

ByHisHands

Songster
9 Years
Mar 12, 2010
Cosby, TN
Hi All! Just wanted to introduce myself. Family of 9 just getting started with chickens and we are already obsessed
big_smile.png

We live in Cosby, TN and have 1 mixed roo (our mascot), 5 Buff Orpington hens, and 5 Blue Laced Wyandottes. We
hope to have more soon. Also have a mix of other animals here.
we have many interests, including...chickens of course, dairy goats, and
gardening. We are new to it all and would love to hear from others in our area(or other areas)
I guess that's all for now...so happy to have found BYC!!!

Ashley

Glad to see I'm not the only one that's caught the fever.

I've been searching posts for activities in the East TN area. There's a chickenstock ( meet & greet, swap, chit chat) every other Saturday morning between Madisonville and Sweetwater. The next one is supposed to be on the 20th (a week from tomorrow). I just found it last night, so I haven't been yet. I plan on going next week, depending on weather and make sure to send you a review, if you aren't there yourself.

There are several folks on the User list for East Tennessee, especially in Sevier County, so you should have too much trouble finding advice and discussion.

Thanks,
Justin

P.S. I just used my standard email and UID info to get my posts started. I'm changing everything over to my farm info (Walnut Hollow Farms) if you want to find me after this.

Another big
welcome-byc.gif
from another E. Tennessean. We're all addicted. I think this site just enables us.
possumblossum - if you plan of going to Madisonville on the 20th, get there early.... I'll be going to the Amish farms in Delano on the last Sat. of this month for their small animals sale.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom