Newbie in Michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by littlelisa2412, Feb 19, 2017.

1. littlelisa2412

littlelisa2412 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2017
    Ive actually had chickens for a number of years but just a week ago picked up my first set if ducks! Ive got a whole lotta chicken/duck combo things I need to learn.

About me? Im a 30 something married lady with two little boys, couple dogs a cat, bees, chickens, guineas and ducks!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC and congratulations on the additions to your flock! So glad you've joined us. I've kept chickens and I've kept ducks, but they were at different times so no words of wisdom on keeping them together - but there are tons of folks here who are bound to come along soon enough that can help you with that.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, littlelisa, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Good luck to you and your mixed flock and thanks for joining BYC!!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under littlelisa2412 [​IMG] Welcome!

Congrats on the new quackers! You might be interested in the Duck Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

What breed of ducks did you get? Feel free to share a picture or two if you'd like!

8. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Hello and :welcome! I'm so glad you joined us here and I hope you enjoy it just as much as the rest of us do! I'm right down below you in Ohio! If you ever have any duck questions, pop on over to the Duck forum where there will be tons of helpful folks ready to answer your questions! Best of luck!

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home here, and enjoy all the chickeny folks! :frow

~Cuz

10. littlelisa2412

littlelisa2412 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2017
    [​IMG]

I have 4 ducks. Decided to start with adults over ducklings right now. The person I got them from didnt take good care of then sadly. Apparently as a baby one of them got stuck under a food bowl for 4 days. That would be Penelope my pekin hen. She doesnt walk well and sometimes acts neurotic but shes sweet. I got a rouen hen, Whiskey, an ancona drake, Duck William and a muscovy drake, Ryder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by