Newbie in Plainfield, IL

TallMan23

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 17, 2012
Hello All,
Newbie here.
Since Plainfield, IL just passed an ordanance allowing backyard chicken coops, (hens only), I've been contemplating getting a coop and couple chicks. After a little light reading, I thought it might be a good idea to visit someone who actually is a backyard chicken owner to see first hand what it's really like, where they obtain supplies, things to watch out for, etc, before I dig into the detailed reading. Are there any Plainfield, Naperville, Oswego area owners that would like to mentor a potential owner and give a tour of their set up?
Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You can look for members in your area in this section:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Hi and welcome! I'm in Northern IL, a little south of Rockford. Our town just passed an ordinance this summer allowing byc, and we've had our chickens for two months now. Luckily, a guy in the next town sells chickens, so we didn't buy ours as chicks, they were 5-6 monts old already and we started getting eggs the next day. I have pics of our coop posted in the Coops section. Look for Kirkland IL Coop if you want to see it. Our setup has been working great, easy to maintain (we have 6 hens). It has been so much fun! But also alot of $ invested. We have Farm & Fleet by us and that is where we buy our feed & supplies. I don't know how long of a drive it is from Plainfield to Kirkland, but you're more than welcome to come see our setup if you desire! :)

KirklandChick - I might take you up on it this spring.
Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom