Newbie in WA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ceancharles, Feb 5, 2015.

1. ceancharles

ceancharles Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2015
    Blanco Texas
    Hello from Washington! New to BYC and the city chicken concept! I grew up with chickens my entire life, egg and meat chickens. We had land where I grew up in Texas, and now I have a yard :(. Time to get back to roots though, and my chicks hatch date is the 18th!! Brooder is ready and I'm still building a coop. That will be posted on BYC of course!!

2. lynnehd

lynnehd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2015
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Welcome from Washington! I am new to the forum, and in my case, chickens, too.

Can't wait to see your pics.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome
    Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your chicks I hope you have a great hatch. The learnng centre is a great place to start has lots of articles on raising chicks and chickens from keeping them safe to feeding and housing them. An article for almost everything you can think of, here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Be sure to ask any questions you may have everyone here to help. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Enjoy BYC :frow

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Where in Texas did you grown up? My wife and I were both raised in Texas (Blue Ridge for her, Greenville for me). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks are you getting?

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Part of my family lives in Texas too!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us. Looking forward to your hatch on the 18th, would love to see pics when you get them.

8. ceancharles

ceancharles Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2015
    Blanco Texas
    Thanks all! For now I got a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a RIR, an EE, and Barred P-rock. Michael OShay, I grew up in South Texas by Pleasanton and Poteet. Later in life I lived all over but the last 8 years I spent in the Hill Country. I lived in Kerrville and worked in Marble Falls. I'm a Flight Paramedic so I saw "miles and miles of Texas" in every direction!

9. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by