Newbie Intro

AngelChic

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2017
Hello, I live in Indiana and am new to the Chicken Life. I currently have 2 roosters and five hens. None are laying yet. Just purchased these in February. Love to sit with them and learn things about chickens. I'm sure I have plenty of questions to ask you all veterans out there but wanted to take the time to say Hello first.

Welcome to BYC! You may find your gender balance becomes problematic so be prepared to either increase females, decrease males or house in groups that address the issue.

Welcome to BYC! You may find your gender balance becomes problematic so be prepared to either increase females, decrease males or house in groups that address the issue.
I was afraid of that. Given the fact that my other rooster seems to get along with the other females. Should I sell on cause I don't think I could kill and eat one of my own. What is a good ratio for females to male?

Hello, I live in Indiana and am new to the Chicken Life. I currently have 2 roosters and five hens. None are laying yet. Just purchased these in February. Love to sit with them and learn things about chickens. I'm sure I have plenty of questions to ask you all veterans out there but wanted to take the time to say Hello first.
Oh, and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom