Newbie looking for advice

Allmycritters9896

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Hello fellow chicken lovers! I have a little bit of a situation and I was hoping for some help! First I'll tell you how I got started in the world of chickens
big_smile.png
Back in November, my husband got it in his head that he wanted to hatch and raise Silkies. He built a home made incubator, read up on everything one would need to know about them, then went on Ebay and purchased a bunch of eggs. About a month later, we had our first little babies
jumpy.gif
Out of that bunch we got 3 (1 white, 1 black and 1 blue). He then decided he wanted more colors.....
ep.gif
.....so, once again, he went on Ebay and bought more eggs. Long story short, we have 9 chickens! Did I mention that we live in a gated community and we are keeping the chickens in the upstairs spair bedroom? It wouldn't be so bad, but out of the 9 chickens we have 5 ROOSTERS!!! I work 3rd shift and I sleep during the day, or should I say TRY to sleep! We have tried to sell them, but I guess no one wants rooster either! What do I do??
idunno.gif

Quote:
First Welcome from OHIO. You can post them on BYC and for free as well in your own community on Craigslist.Org and usually someone will take them. It is a little difficult to place a roo, but that usually works. Good Luck!
woot.gif

what i would do is just say they are straight run that may go a little easier. and welcome to BYC you will find all the chicken help you need even though i dont even have chickens i have ducks but my mom has silkies and RIR's (rode island reds).

Back
Top Bottom