Newbie looking for advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Allmycritters9896, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Allmycritters9896

Allmycritters9896 New Egg

Jun 9, 2011
    Hello fellow chicken lovers! I have a little bit of a situation and I was hoping for some help! First I'll tell you how I got started in the world of chickens [​IMG] Back in November, my husband got it in his head that he wanted to hatch and raise Silkies. He built a home made incubator, read up on everything one would need to know about them, then went on Ebay and purchased a bunch of eggs. About a month later, we had our first little babies [​IMG] Out of that bunch we got 3 (1 white, 1 black and 1 blue). He then decided he wanted more colors.....[​IMG] .....so, once again, he went on Ebay and bought more eggs. Long story short, we have 9 chickens! Did I mention that we live in a gated community and we are keeping the chickens in the upstairs spair bedroom? It wouldn't be so bad, but out of the 9 chickens we have 5 ROOSTERS!!! I work 3rd shift and I sleep during the day, or should I say TRY to sleep! We have tried to sell them, but I guess no one wants rooster either! What do I do?? [​IMG]

2. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    Give them away that's all you can do if no one will buy them . [​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

4. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Quote:First Welcome from OHIO. You can post them on BYC and for free as well in your own community on Craigslist.Org and usually someone will take them. It is a little difficult to place a roo, but that usually works. Good Luck! [​IMG]

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

6. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    what i would do is just say they are straight run that may go a little easier. and welcome to BYC you will find all the chicken help you need even though i dont even have chickens i have ducks but my mom has silkies and RIR's (rode island reds).

7. Unclebean

Unclebean Rest in Peace 1977-2013

Jun 10, 2010
    Tower City, PA
    [​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

8. The Burg Peeps

The Burg Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Ontario
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] fom Ontario, Canada! Hope you have a great time here.... now get crackin! [​IMG]

9. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Good luck with the roos [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by