Newbie mama here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CherBear64, Jan 23, 2019.

1. CherBear64

CherBear64 In the Brooder

Jan 23, 2019
    Hello,
    Been lurking this site for some time anxiously awaiting my chickens and now they are here! Three turned into eight so far! Ca White, Wyandotte, Welsummer, Delaware, Ameracauna, Australorp, Easter Egger and Sp Sussex. Really want a Cream Legbar and Olive Egger! Only in it for the eggs and new pets. I am a wildlife rehabber for 20 years with rabbits as my focus. Always loved and had animals most of my life. 4H’r as a kid.
    Aviary/coop in process and yes planning on intergrating my chickens with other birds I already have, such as finches, parakeets and 2 doves. Yes we are taking steps to split off if we have to intervene.
    We have 2 dogs, 7 cats and an Amazon Gray. We just moved from inland San Diego to the coastal area up on a hill to care for mom.
    We recently cut down a Tipajuana tree and want to use branches for the birds, does anyone know if they will hurt them?
    Thanks for all your help!

2. Silkies for life

Silkies for life Chirping

Jan 18, 2019
    Sandhills, North Carolina
    Welcome to BYC!! Chickens are amazing to have! I am not sure about the Tipajuana branches... but im sure some other people can find the answers!:welcome

3. N F C

N F C is it nap time yet?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Funny how just a few chickens can suddenly grow like that! :D

Here's a link to the state threads:
    find-your-states-thread.270925
    Someone that lives in your general area may know about the tree.

Thanks for joining us!

4. alexa009

alexa009 Crossing the Road

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock! :welcomeBYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry. There is always space for members on the BYC roost! :highfive:

It seems as if your flock will be expanding expeditiously. I am planning to do a breeding project with olive eggers. A Black Copper Maran (Dark brown egg gene) x Easter Egger (blue and green egg gene). Are you in San Diego California though?

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

5. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC.
    :yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.
    I would guess that the branches would be fine...but I have no clue what kind of tree that is.:confused:
    This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

6. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Finches are fun...had some. Found out the zebras can really triple in number..fast! I had another type, can't think of name right now. Had some babies, did well first time out..second time, not so well. Not sure why. WELCOME!!

8. ClucksAndCombs

ClucksAndCombs Free Ranging

Apr 19, 2018
    New England
    Welcome to BYC!:frow

Feel free to ask questions, there are so many wonderful and knowledgeable people who will answer them!

Enjoy your time on this amazing site!

9. Animals45

Animals45 Crowing

Nov 8, 2018
    Welcome to backyard chickens so glad you joined the flock! Feel free to ask us questions and answer questions! Make yourself at home! Hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do!!:frow:celebrate:welcome

10. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal Flock! :celebrate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: