(Newbie)Mear's Hatch-A-Long!!

MearBear

Songster
Apr 2, 2018
Canada New Brunswick
Hey everyone! I figured I would do a hatch-a-long so I have something to do other than stare at eggs all day. I put 7 eggs in the incubator April 3rd due to hatch April 24! I hand turn them 5 times a day, humidity is 40-50% and (I try to keep) temp around 38-39celcius. This is my first time so I invite all of you guys to shower me with information!!

Today is their 4th day of incubation. One of the eggs is MUCH larger than all the others so we're thinking its a double yolker! Temp and humidity has been good today. I am currently writing a care/schedule sheet for the eggs, I hope they all hatch. The only problem with the eggs was the big rise in temperature yesterday.

Today is the 5th day of incubation, Temperature was a little lower today around 37c which i hope is ok. Temp is good now but humidity is a little high as usual (I've gotta figure that out) I'm very excited to candle on Tuesday! I'm almost positive that one of the eggs is a double yolker, I know that its not recommended to incubate double yolkers but I'll try. But then again it may not be a double yolker since its not as big as the other double yolkers I've seen The biggest struggle is going to bed at 11 and waking up just before 6am, which I'm not used to. Tomorrow will probably be a better day since I have nothing planned

Back
Top Bottom