Newbie needing information about incubator.

Jim Boy

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 28, 2012
I've been in chickens for about three years now and have done very well with purchased chickens and chicks. Recently nearly my whole flock was wiped out by some varmint. I looked into purchasing and found how much the cost is now to do that. So I purchased an old Sears Roebuch round metal incubator on Craigslist. It did not have Thermometer or Hydrometer on it. I purchased a new GQF 3018 Thermometer/Hygrometer, followed directions for installation. I'm confused and maybe someone out there can help. My question is, after removing wick is the thermometer suppose to stay at 85 or increase to 99? This is my first time to try to incubate eggs. Hopefully some can advise. Thank you.

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

You might get better responses here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Sorry to hear about your chickens. Look at the section Kevin suggested. The sticky thread (on top in blue) is full of fantastic info. And there are a few incubator gurus hanging out there! Good luck with your 'bator and your hatch!

Greetings from Kansas, Jim Boy, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined our community! Sorry to hear about your lost birds! I hate losing birds at all, but when a predator gets them, I get
rant.gif
As I know squat about incubators, I second the advice given by Kevin565. I wish you the best!

Hello and greetings from Kentucky! So sorry for your loss. Kevin has given you the correct link. Please try posting your question there. You should get your answer very fast. I'm not too familiar with incubation and cannot provide you with much needed help. I do however have a 'live' incubator at the moment! One of my silkie pullets has became broody and has been sitting on her fourteen eggs for the past 5 days now!
jumpy.gif

Again welcome to BYC!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom