Newbie needs advice

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mrsfeig86, Jun 9, 2016.

1. mrsfeig86

mrsfeig86 Just Hatched

We believe we have 4 boys and 2 girls. 2 boy Campbells, 2 B Pekins, 2 G Pekins, not completely positive though. By the looks of them we thought we only had 1 B pekins that is quite larger then the rest of ours and with a curled tail yet says quake, the others are very quiet when they quake. The Pekins are 4mo and the KCs are 3mo.
    Will they be alright staying together as a group or what do I need to do?

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

why would you be worried about keeping them together?

3. mrsfeig86

mrsfeig86 Just Hatched

With not having a very good boy to girl ratio I'm not sure if they will start fighting over the 2 girls or if everything will be ok. I thought most ratios are 4 girls for every boy but I'm not positive with ducks since I'm knew to raising them.

4. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

if i were you i'd just keep them together and keep an eye out for fighting if that does happen then you can take action

5. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Till next spring nothing will change. The Drakes will start paying too much attention to the hens next spring. I have three Drakes and one hen. I am selling one Drake and getting another hen. But lots of times they get along just hard on the hens.
    Wait and see how yours do? I would.

6. mrsfeig86

mrsfeig86 Just Hatched

So I won't have to worry about the boys getting frisky till next year?

7. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

No, not till around March in my area. Sometimes in the fall a Young Drake gets silly but for the most part, no.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by