Newbie North Dakotan here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by auggiedawg, Feb 28, 2017.

1. auggiedawg

auggiedawg New Egg

Feb 28, 2017
    Hello all I look forward to reading posts to educated myself on how properly and humanly raise chickens for eggs and possibly butcher. I am from fargo and have no clue what I am doing. I just joined and trying to gather a lot of information before I dive into this so I can prevent dumb mistakes so chickens wont have to die cause of my ignorance. Any info would be great. I literally have nothing so far besides a book I ordered off of amazon. I am an electrician so wiring heat in the winter time wont be a problem. that's about the only problem I have solved lol.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings form Kansas, auggiedawg, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! BYC is the best place to learn the ropes in order to become a responsible poultry keeper. CTKen gave you some great links to explore and you can always ask questions along the way! Best wishes and thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

x2 on checking out the Learning Center...there's a ton of information there to help you get started. The Search feature in the upper left of every screen can help you find posts on topics you're interested in. And of course, always feel free to ask questions.

Make yourself at home here!

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us, hope you enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under auggiedawg [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. auggiedawg

auggiedawg New Egg

Feb 28, 2017
    yes I am understanding this now. tons of info here and very helpful and friendly people. thank you all for the advice

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by