Newbie Sayin' Hi...

ruralgirl48

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 14, 2011
Hi everybody, I just joined BYC and here is a little bit about me...

I am a stay-at-home mom, married to my high school sweetheart for 25 years, and we have a soon to be 12-year-old daughter. We live on a small acreage of about 3 acres and share it with two very spoiled pooches, a very handsome but bossy pussy cat and the fur baby loves of my life, my two horses.

My days are spent caring for my home and family, which includes a lot of gardening and canning this time of year. I am currently seeing potatoes and corn in my sleep...LOL, lots of canning still to do.

Growing up our family raised chickens and one of my goals has been to have a flock of our own where we live now. We are in the planning stages of where we will be making all of that happen, and my plan is to have everything ready by Spring.

I am looking forward to all of the discussions here, the things I will learn and be reminded of where chickens are concerned, and the people I will meet who have the same interest in chickens that I do.
jumpy.gif

Hi and welcome from Ohio! Your life sounds soooo wonderful......Mine is very similar, gardening, two dogs, chickens, (no horses though). But I also work full time outside the home. My sons are 18 and 23. Right now, the green beans are really ready to be picked! Everything else in the garden is pretty much done. I love gardening and caring for the flock. So peaceful.

Take care and glad you joined!

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone....and @chicmom, yes my life is wonderful, challenging at times to live on a single income, but I am crafty and creative so I do what I can on the side to add to the budget, I feel truly blessed.

Nice to meet you all!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom