Newbie....SOOOOO excited!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Berkshiremom, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Berkshiremom

Berkshiremom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    Western MA
    Hello all,
    Just joined the forums a few days ago, reading as much as possible about raising chicks...And I just had to share!!!...My babies came today!! I got 5 EE fom cackle hatchery from the city pullet special, and boy are they adorable! All 5 seem to be very happy and healthy..started drinking and eating right away , I am such a proud momma!!! My hubby thinks I'm crazy!..lol Can't wait to post some pictures...as my family is looking at me like WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE DID MY REAL MOM/WIFE GO! I figured if I posted here at least you all won't think im crazy at being so excited over my little fluff balls![​IMG] Can't wait to chat with you all and learn as much as possible about raising my new babies. [​IMG]

Berkshiremom
    proud momma of 2 shelties, one malchi, and 5 EE

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Your family might think your crazy but you will fit right in here! Lol!

3. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome. EE's are the most beautiful chicks! Ours looked like a little chipmunk and grew up to be a beautiful hen! Best of luck to you! [​IMG]

4. Berkshiremom

Berkshiremom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    Western MA
    Thanks for the warm welcome...hope to post some pictures soon!

5. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Oh yes, pics please...and welcome!

6. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

7. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Hi there and welcome! Girrrl, I feel ya about having your new babies and being so excited! We've had our birds almost a week & I am up to my eyeballs in all things chicken these days! I didn't get chicks, though, went with young pullets instead. Four of my birds are 2-3 months old, and one is about 4-1/2 months old. I have 5 girls, all different breeds--1 Rhode Island Red (Rhoda), a white leghorn (Felipa), a barred rock (unnamed but temporarily being dubbed "Juanita"), an ameraucana (Bertha), and a welsummer (Martha). Hubby and I noticed last night that we gave them all names that end in A--purely coincidental, too!

Your family and husband may think you're crazy, but they won't think that when they've got fresh eggs on the breakfast plate!

Welcome to the flock!

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

10. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009